Thursday 11 August 2011

The Legolas Scarf



I finished this a couple of weeks ago and have only just got round to updating my Ravelry projects to show it in all its greeny glory. Actually I've found it a bit of a pig to photograph - gorgeous as the yarn is, I can't take a photo that does justice to it! Oh how I love it though - such a relaxing knit, the lace was enough to make it interesting but not so much that I had to concentrate on it all the time (I've not done much lace knitting and have to concentrate and stick my tongue out). I went and bought a second skein (thank you Antje of the Yarn Cake for putting it aside for me) but actually completed it with just under one skein so I have another to make, well, something matching. Mitts maybe? Hat? Jings, crivvens and help ma boab, at this rate I'll end up co-ordinated!

As for the sewing, I'm no further forward with the sewing-machine. I'm a bit mystified. But I'll keep trying to figure it out.

I'll end with some sweet-peas in the rain just because they're pretty. It's been absolutely bucketing down for the last couple of days, which saves me watering the plants at least. And it makes everything smell great!






No comments: