Saturday 28 December 2013

Cracker joke

A classic of the genre!


Soooooo, 20 minutes until the final part of Death Comes to Pemberley, and I'm surprising myself by doing my fourth blog post in four days. Impressive for me! Of course, it's all trivia but that's just fine by me. My feet are being warmed by the small cat and I have my knitting ready to go - just a diagonal garter stitch square but it's what I'm in the mood for. Just before Christmas I got some rather nice wool from Lidl (sort of creamy-beige to grey, gradual colour change), and it's just crying out to be something comforting like a cushion cover.  So I'm knitting a square to see if it wants to be a cushion cover, and if not I can rip it back and see if it wants to be smaller squares sewn together into a cushion cover, or maybe something else entirely. I'm just like Michelangelo letting statues out of blocks of stone. No, really, I am.


Edited to add: Penelope Keith as Lady Catherine! Genius!

2 comments:

Mrs. Micawber said...

Death Comes to Pemberley sounds interesting ... wait, was that the PD James contribution to the genre? (Just a moment whilst I Google....) Ha! I keep forgetting to read that book - must order it up from the library. Many JA tag-ons are rather dreadful but the Baroness James seldom disappoints.

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and that the New Year will be a happy one.

P.S. Be sure to post a photo of that cushion cover once you get it released from the skein. :)

Peeriemoot said...

Hope you had a good Christmas & New Year too :-).

Think I'll have to read Death Comes to Pemberley and see if/where it differs from the adaptation. I don't think I've actually read any PD James before!