Saturday 31 October 2015

there's a light (over at Peeriemoot's place)


Particularly tough neeps this year!






Worth the effort though. I hung the jagged eyed neepie lantern outside the house while I took the kids out guising, carrying the other one with me and pausing to relight it every few minutes of course - there was hardly a breath of wind, but just enough combined with moving around I suppose! Every year I tell myself I'll get some of those little electric tealights, and every year I forget. However when we got back to the house the outside lantern was still burning, so that was pretty good going. Astonishing actually!

2 comments:

gordyandjen said...

I'm very impressed, haven't seen neep carvings before :)

Peeriemoot said...

Thanks m'dear! It's a pig of a job to be honest, much harder work than pumpkins, but it was a big part of my childhood and it's not Hallowe'en for me unless I can smell slightly singed neeps, so it's worth the effort :-D.