Monday 3 October 2011

Making Monday - a bit of serenity


Today I've spent some blissful time knitting while watching a DVD (nothing at all highbrow - it was The Bounty Hunter in fact, which was suitably silly for the kind of mood I'm in and the short attention span I have when knitting). It is a grey day and the wind is really getting up now, so some peaceful warm knitting time makes me feel cosy and wintery. As do these colours! Mostly when I knit from a pattern I choose my own colour scheme but for Peerie Flooers I'm doing just as the pattern dictates (in terms of colour at least - I've made the rib section a bit deeper than the pattern says, partly by accident) and I love the colours. They're bright but muted at the same time. I don't think I'm very good with words, especially enthusiastic ones, but the way each change of colour changes, oh I dunno, the mood of the knitting is a real pleasure. I can't wait to get on to the flower pattern. So anyway, yes, lovely wool, lovely colours. Thumbs up!

[An edit: harmony, that's the word I was looking for! The colours harmonize. Love them.]

The cats are glaring out the window at the weather, and I should really be doing some housework, not sitting knitting, but one more round can't hurt, eh?

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Pretty colours - and I love the look of the hat. I hope you'll post a pic of the finished object once you're done!

Peeriemoot said...

I will :-). I'm just hoping it fits! I'm usually a loose knitter but go to the other extreme with Fair Isle unfortunately!