Thursday 10 January 2013

You can't take the sky from me

We had a frosty start to the day with fog bumbling around, patches here, patches there, but in the fairly immediate vicinity of my hoose in the middle of the day it was sunny and clear, though still cold. So I went for a walk. I tend to forget how close we are to the edge of town, but actually it's only a few minutes walk to where it suddenly stops being a housing estate (and it's almost comical how sudden it is) and starts being rural.

The light was beautiful and the sky amazing. The fog was still billowing around in the distance all the time.

 Birds taking off - I loved the way they swooped around. 

I'd only intended to go out for a quick half-hour in the fresh air but I was enjoying it so much and seeing so much that I just kept walking and was out for over an hour in the end.



Slightly wonky horizon on that one but I like it anyway (and am too tired to sort it in a picture editor).

As well as the big skies I was taken with the little things too - gloriously lush moss on a fence-post..


beautiful neutrals..

 a hedge covered in lichen ..





 and in a bit closer:




 Looking back along the road as I headed back home, still sunshine and blue skies..


..and then suddenly the fog rolled over again - still beautiful but in an eerie way!



1 comment:

Mrs. Micawber said...

Wow, knockout fencepost photo. The sky does look wonderful. So glad you had a good long walk in the fresh air. :)