Thursday 10 June 2010

Birthday weirdness

It was my birthday a couple of weeks ago and my Beloved bought me this book (from my wish-list, he's not actually psychic!). It's a beautiful book, fascinating to read, inspiring and really pretty to look at. I was flipping through it just after unwrapping it and was rather spooked when it fell open at the start of the Shetland section and there was that little red-haired girl..

.. my old friend since, well, babyhood I suppose. Interesting that Fair Isle is so timeless that you'd have no way of telling from that picture that it was taken in the late 70s. I've rather lost touch with my friend so I've no idea if she knows she features in a rather classy knitting book! I know the picture was in the Shetland Museum Archive so I suppose it's entirely possible she doesn't know.

No comments: