Tuesday 1 April 2014

Woohoo!



My computer is working properly again! I'd had an upgrade go a bit wonky, so My Beloved reinstalled and tweaked and fixed and now it's functioning so much better. Of course I have to fight the kids for the computer but they're asleep and it's mine all mine!

I was of course going to write a sensible blog post, but it's been a long day and it's a bit late at night for rational thought, and besides I have a rather silly picture of a duck to share with you:


This was one day last week when we had actual sunlight. The reflections were so bright I couldn't even see what I was taking a picture of, but quite by accident I've taken a picture that really makes me smile. It reminds me a bit of the opening titles of Peter Davison era Doctor Who, so it's a space duck. Or perhaps a time-duck.


It really was a beautiful day, though still a bit chilly.

In other excitement, our washing-machine shuffled off this mortal coil recently and our new one arrived last Thursday so I've been playing with that. It turns out that it sings little tunes to me when it finishes a cycle, and when you turn it on or off, which I'm still at the stage of finding amusing. I've learned how to switch the sound off though, in case it all becomes too chirpy and Talkie Toaster for words.

No comments: