Saturday 19 November 2011

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Reason 1. Wheeeeeeee - it's my trashy-telly-time-of-the-year! It's I'm A Celebrity..Get Me Out Of Here time! There's no defending it - I just love it. I love the the way Dec says 'may cost considerably more', I love z-list celebs I haven't heard of eating bugs, I love the inventive ridiculousness of the trials and celebrity chests. Add Stuart Hall wetting himself laughing and it'd be It's A Knockout all over again. I love to wonder whether I could do better than the celebs at the trials - in the case of Sinitta's one yesterday, almost certainly!

Reason 2. That incredible feeling of freedom you get when you get called for jury service but they don't need you after all! I thought I'd be spending much of this week at the High Court in Glasgow, but instead I've been doing things like Christmas shopping and going out for lunch with a friend.

Reason 3. The Boy has the wibbliest wobbliest wobbly front tooth ever. It should fall out tonight or tomorrow. The school photos are being done at the start of the week - will my boy have the most engaging gappy-toothed smile for his school photo? Will he? Will he?

Has anybody else got the same problem as me with blogging in November and December? Which is that I'm making things which I desperately want to witter on about, but they're Christmas presents so I can't blog about them in case the recipients reads my blog. Oh the frustration! I'll have to have a ta-daa binge on Boxing Day!

And just to finish, a picture which makes me smile and which I should have had for my last Reasons To Be Cheerful post:

Tap-shoes and scabby knee!

5 comments:

Planet Penny said...

That last photo is sooo cute!
My tv fix at this time of the years is Strictly plus Merlin! bliss!
Thanks for joining in and giving us something to smile about!

mother of purl said...

Haha what lovely chirpy reasons to be chearful- will llok forward to seeing your makes after Christimas xx

Cathy at PotterJotter said...

I just found your lovely cheery blog and it's made me think of all the things I have to be cheerful about on this grey murky day - so thanks!

andamento said...

I escaped jury duty this week too! Paisley high court though, not Glasgow, quite a coincidence still. I found it a bit of a hassle to arrange possible childcare for the week but better not to have to need it in the end.
My daughter's two top teeth fell out at the weekend, we have quite a forgetful tooth fairy but she managed the two nights in a row.

Peeriemoot said...

Yikes, I'm runnish at replying to comments just now! Hello folks! *waves*

Andamento, that's a bit spooky :-). Glad you avoided it too!

Cathy, I can't really take credit for the cheeriness, it's Penny's meme but forces me to think a bit more positively!