Sunday 15 January 2012

Reasons To Be Cheerful

1) Locorten-Vioform. Ear-drops that is. Wonderful stuff for those of us with recurrently scabby ears!

2) Science. Or Potions, depending on your point of view. A bit of silly science with the kids! In a vase, white vinegar, food colouring, glitter and washing-up liquid:

..and a spoonful of bicarbonate of soda:

Add a sinister cackle:

Mwahahahaha!

Actually the one we did with yellow food-colouring looked the most sinister (quite sulphurous) but I didn't take pictures of that one.

3) Sunsets. I went for a walk with the Boy this afternoon and we took pictures of the sunset. It was cold out, still frosty in places, but very calm and beautiful.

I like that picture, it looks surprisingly rural (it's not).


This week went so quickly. The kids went back to school on Monday and have settled back into the routine. I've had a sore throat and sore ears all week so have been doing a fair bit of knitting and crochet. The razor-shell scarf is growing slowly but I've memorised the lace row now which speeds things up a bit. The crochet is beginning to click - it still looks wonky but is more crochet-like at least! The only hook I could find was really the wrong size for the wool I'm practising with, so I bought a set of gorgeously coloured metal crochet hooks off ebay and now I can crochet with anything (probably even cobwebs with the teeny-tiny one):

Shiny!

Those hooks are pretty much a Reason To Be Cheerful in their own right! I'm so shallow :-D.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Oh they are, they are, the hooks that is ... I just bought a set that's exactly the same, and even though I can't use them properly yet just looking at them in all their rainbowy gorgeousness is making me smile :D