Sunday 7 October 2012

haha! havedunnit! the bee photo


I've spent all summer trying to get a photo of a bee. The hoverflies have co-operated beautifully, but the bees have just been too quick for me. You think they're slow moving but before you can get the camera to focus they're away. But yesterday morning I finally managed it - several pictures in fact. The bees were contentedly buzzing around the last remaining lupins and with the weather being bright but cool (it's been perfect autumn weather for the last few days) perhaps they were a bit dozy. They were certainly less camera-shy.








Achievement unlocked!

3 comments:

Mrs. Micawber said...

Wow, gorgeous! And you can even see the pollen sacs - mine didn't have any.

I suppose the bees are having their last hurrah. So glad you got your shots. :)

Scented Sweetpeas said...

Yey, such lovely shots! That bee ceratinly has lots to take home to his hive :-) We have honey bees now and I love seeing them busy round the garden.

Peeriemoot said...

You're both so right - I've never seen a bee more laden with pollen! No sign of them today, too chilly :-(.