Tuesday 18 February 2014

A pretty thing

I took a wander around our local TK Maxx the other day and came out with this jug, which I'll use as a vase. I bought it for no other reason than that I thought it was really pretty - an entirely frivolous purchase! But as it makes me smile every time I look at it, I think it was worth it. Also, My Beloved went shopping for what we refer to as breadmilk in our dull domestic 'shall I shop on the way home?' texts - i.e. boring staples of the kitchen - and came back with daffodils for me. As well as the boring stuff of course.

2 comments:

Mrs. Micawber said...

It is very pretty indeed and looks perfect with the breadmilk daffs!

Over here the store is called TJ Maxx. I wonder why the difference?

Peeriemoot said...

I know, I've often wondered that! I have a friend in Vermont who mentioned it once.