Friday 14 February 2014

Tooth fairying

Oooh, two posts in one evening - how's that for dedication?


I am on Tooth Fairy duty tonight (that's Nanny Plum by the way - she moonlights (hoho) as a Tooth Fairy when not annoying everyone in the Little Kingdom) for Miss M has lost a tooth. While eating pizza, as tonight was pizza night.

'Where's the tooth?' I asked.
'I think I ate it. There was a bit of a pizza that was a bit crunchy..'

Bleurgh. I know baby teeth are teeny tiny, but still.  I'm not sure what the Tooth Fairy's going rate is for teeth that are missing in action.  I'm glad my children are eminently rational though, so I don't have to do any convoluted Charlie-and-Lola-ish 'how shall we let the Tooth Fairy know you've lost a tooth when it's not under the pillow' stuff involving fairy x-ray machines and the contents of Miss M's stomach.

Oh, and of course it wasn't the disgustingly wobbly tooth that's been hanging by a thread for days. No, that one's still got a tenuous but surprisingly firm grip on her gum.

No comments: