Friday 1 October 2010

Hello October

I seem to have blinked and missed September somewhere along the line. I like this month's picture on the calendar, very cosy. But before leaping into October here's a few highlights of the last week of September.

As it was a holiday weekend last weekend the kids and I had headed off to Loch Fyne with my mother-in-law for a few days. On the way we stopped at Luss on the shores of Loch Lomond, had lunch and let the kids loose in the playpark, which is where I saw this gorgeous orange flower. I haven't the foggiest what it is, but the colour was fantastic. Gorgeous weather that day too.

While at Loch Fyne we made numerous trips don't to the beach and the kids collected shells to decorate the garden (we go to my mother-in-law's partner's weekend place).

I loved the colours of the wood on this boat.

We went to Dunoon one day - this is the view from Castle Hill, looking down the Firth of Clyde. The weather was mixed to say the least but we had a good day.

We had lunch at the Yachtsman which has a fantastic view of the water - it absolutely chucked it down while we were there, but brightened up a bit later. It's a nice cafe, slightly shabby but comfortable, for lack of a better word. I felt very relaxed there. I'm a bit of a scruff. (For anybody old enough and from Shetland it reminded me somehow of Solotti's).

We had a mooch around the shops of Dunoon and in the Knitting and Sewing Centre (small wool-shop) I got this gorgeous yarn. That's to add a bit of colour to this post which you'll notice has got gloomier and gloomier thanks to the weather!

2 comments:

mother of purl said...

What lovely photos- really autumny! Can't wait to see what you do with the yarn xxx

(ps I have a little giveaway on my blog- pop round and enter! x)

Peeriemoot said...

I can't decide what to with the yarn - no doubt I'll faff around for ages unable to make my mind :-D.