Thursday 18 January 2018

Bright and woolly


The thing that I am knitting, photographed in a moment of sunlight this afternoon. I have five colours of leftover Drops Nepal and had originally intended to do random stripes in all the colours, but then I thought it might be too much, so with Miss M's help I chose these - warm woodland colours with a splash of pink. I am not a pink person at all but I think this looks okay. And it's squishy. It's been a bit of a hectic week one way or another, so it's nice to have some comfort knitting.

I'm still pondering and plotting what else I can do with my various green wools. And I've just remembered that I have a half-completed (see how glass-half-full I'm being there!) Kirkja shawl tucked away somewhere - as I recall I stalled on it because one of the cats got into the wool and it's a tangled mass, but I quite like untangling wool if I'm in the right mood so that might be a project for the weekend! I have a cold and stuffed up sinuses at the moment so my plan for the weekend is to do pretty much bugger all, now with a little yarn untangling on the side. Perhaps I can find an interesting podcast to listen to while I untangle. It'll be very zen.             
Until the cats discover what I'm up to.


No comments: