Friday 5 January 2018

January - part 5. A tottering pile of books!


I'll just say that again - a tottering pile of books! Actually it's not really tottering, but is a satisfyingly substantial pile of books, most of which were Christmas presents. The Robert Macfarlane one was one I got for £1.50 in the sale at a discount bookshop, and the Susan Cooper one at the top is one I often re-read at this time of year as it's set at Christmas. I read Marsali Taylor's Death on a Longship on Christmas Day and Boxing Day, and loved it - Shetland setting and boats and a mystery, pretty much ideal for me.

I started this post hours ago with the intention of writing a more substantial post than yesterday's, but got interrupted. It's been a very long day so I'm off to bed now. So much for a post of substance!

No comments: