Monday 15 January 2018

Green Monday - a lunchtime post


Ah, that's a bit better! I just took advantage of a moment of bright(er)ness to get a picture of some of my green yarn. So much verdant possibility, though I've no idea yet what I'm going to knit. I'm in a hat mood at the moment but realistically there's only so many hats I can wear, although saying that a Dr Seuss-type image popped into my head. Perhaps I should wear them all. At once.

Also taking advantage of the moment of sunshine I took a picture of the tulips on my windowsill, not realising until I uploaded it to the computer and resized it that it shows exactly how manky the kitchen window is!


So I've just cleaned it. But now the sun has gone! Well, take my word for it, it's loads better. In my defence the window is behind the sink and is an awkward stretch to clean so I tend not to do it very often, or until low winter sunlight shows it up horribly!
 
We're expecting snow later. Netweather is enthusiastically promising us 'torrential' snow from midnight. The Met Office slightly more cautiously warns of 'frequent and heavy hail and snow showers'. We tend to take somewhere in between the two as the Met Office weather station covering this area is lower down than we are, and in any case this town has its own meteorological quirks.  So really any sunshine at all before the cloud rolls in is to be enjoyed.

What I should be doing just now is putting a load of laundry on, and planting the last of my bulbs. But I'm going to spend five minutes finishing my coffee and peacefully browsing knitting patterns - sounds nice, doesn't it?

2 comments:

Mrs. Micawber said...

I love green, so the green yarn picture makes me very happy.

You should see our kitchen window. It's a double window, and long before we lived here someone put in a counter and sink that covers the bottom half. Then they glued or painted it shut so that we can't get between the panes to clean. A couple of years ago the landlord hired someone to power-wash and paint the house. The power-washing sent cascades of ancient paint flakes and tiny shreds of wood and who knows what down between the panes of the window. It's horrible to see. Luckily I only use that window to watch sunsets or to check how far below zero the temperature is.

Lovely tulips!

Peeriemoot said...

Lol, kitchen windows are such a bloomin' pain but it sounds like yours takes the biscuit! What were they thinking????! I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one ignoring the state of their windows!