Monday 1 January 2018

January - part one. Look up!


I was going to call this post 'Surviving January - part one' but then I thought it sounded too negative. Who knows, it could be a great month! But to stave off any potential Januaryness I'm trying to focus on the positive things. So today it's all about beautiful skies, such as the one this afternoon. It was taken across the supermarket carpark, which is not in itself the loveliest place, but has the advantage of being an open space, a little elevated, on the edge of town, so there's often a feeling of big skies and wide open spaces there (maybe not the steppes or the open sea, but not bad for an inland town).  And it was lovely.

In fact even the supermarket was a pleasant experience, as it was quiet and everybody was relaxed and happy, unrushed. Supermarkets are not usually open here on New Year's Day (or at least not as far as I've been aware on previous years) but I knew this one would be this year from a conversation with one of the trolley guys last week. And it was just as well because we were running short of spread, milk and cat litter, though the main reason I went out was just to get out really, just for a little while by myself. Bliss.

No comments: