Thursday 4 January 2018

January - part four. Light!


Miss M and I went out for a bit today - first to the post office (mum and dad, your calendar is on its way) and then for a mooch around the shops as Miss M had a book token to spend. I was idly looking out for Christmas tree lights for next year as ours are old-style non-LED lights which are one-by-one ceasing to function. More or less by chance we spotted a set of half-price multi-coloured lights. And also the 'crackled sphere' with lights in the picture, also half-price.  I wouldn't even have glanced at it full price to be honest, but actually it's lovely, especially the way it lights up the wall behind. Thinking about it, this festive season has been all about light - candles in various sizes, fairy lights all over the place, and my light-up wreath hanging from a hook above the mirror on the landing:



I don't mind the thought of taking most of the decorations down in the next couple of days but I'll miss the lights. There will still be candles of course! 

No comments: