Wednesday 14 November 2012

A snake saw the mouse

"Come for a feast in my logpile house."

I'll freely admit I have nothing to say today. Writing doesn't come naturally to me anyway and I am tired, slightly grumpy and feeling unimaginative. In short it's the kind of day on which blogging every day for a month seems a bit daft! So I've had a rummage through my photos and found this picture of my parents' woodpile which makes me smile because it makes me think of Snake's logpile house in The Gruffalo.

You know, I actually physically write things so rarely these days (just shopping lists and notes in my diary) that my handwriting is appalling. It was Parents' Night at the school last night and the Boy's teacher commented on what nice writing he has. Doesn't get that from me.. Last week I was reading my shopping list, in my own writing, and misread 'cocktail sausages' as 'celestial sausages'.

2 comments:

Mrs. Micawber said...

I don't know how you're doing it - blogging every day for a month - but I admire you for sticking with it!

My handwriting has become tinier and less legible with age - and as for sustained writing, forget it. The curse of the keyboard, I suppose.

Peeriemoot said...

I've got to admit I've been finding it hard going! I think it's been good for me though - I like to be positive on my blog so on the tougher days it's forced me to look around and find the positives, however small and trivial.