Monday 26 November 2012

Skies

 This was the sky just as I picked the kids from school at 3 o'clock.

And this is the sunset just before we set off for Miss M's dance class, so at about 4pm.

We don't often get beautiful sunsets here as cloud tends to be the dominant feature, but tonight's was a cracker - it got even better, and at one stage the horizon was a really delicate apricot colour, but obviously I was driving and couldn't take any more pictures. But really, driving into a beautiful sunset made up for not being able to take pictures. I should have had some kind of stirring soundtrack, but actually it was the usual low-grade bickering from the back.

Success! Tonight, while I watched I'm A Celebrity and had my feet numbed by a sleeping cat*,  I have Turned A Heel, having done some arithmetic to get it right as I'm doing a 72-stitch sock and the pattern is for 64. I'm perfectly capable of arithmetic, it's just I'm still at the stage of thinking that turning a heel is Magic, so working out what the decreases and turns are actually doing is a bit... intimidating.

 (Dubiously) But it looks as if it's worked.

I have no idea what the next line of the pattern means though. I keep re-reading it, hoping that the meaning will jump out at me.  I'll have to dig out the pattern I usually use and compare it.  I really do need a pattern that's written for the completely clueless. But, the rest of the foot should be pretty quick and easy anyway!



* You should have heard the cracking noises as I walked upstairs after having had Small Cat sitting on my ankles for two hours. Quite alarming really.


4 comments:

Annie Cholewa said...

Sorry, but I did laugh at this last line ... hope you've stopped creeking!

Well done on the heel turning, and the fantastic sunset pics :)

Peeriemoot said...

Hehe, yes it settled down again. Was a bit alarming though! She's only a tiny cat, but her mass is, as with many cats, dependant on how comfortable she is!

Mrs. Micawber said...

I am in awe. Sock-knitting frightens me. It's on my mental list of personal challenges for 2013, right up there with doing a 100-mile bike ride. I think I have a better shot at finishing the bike ride, to be perfectly honest.

Gorgeous sunset!

Peeriemoot said...

Oh the idea of a 100-mile bike ride would scare me! Socks are fine as long as I trust the pattern and don't overthink it :-D.