Sunday 11 December 2011

a mixture

I spent the morning at the Museum of Rural Life's Christmas event with the kids and my mother-in-law. The Christmas event is always one of my favourites but unfortunately as the kids had swimming classes to get to after lunch we didn't have as much time as usual so didn't get up to the farm. They usually have pomander-making going on in the farmhouse and the fire lit - it's the only time of the year that it's lit and that makes it all the more special! Must make time next year.

We did get to the craft fair, which was varied as usual. My mother-in-law bought me some more of the pear and ginger jam I like so much and we got some bags of tablet. I've been meaning to try making tablet myself, never having done it before, but just haven't got round to it. I don't like sweeties, but I do like tablet, even though it's really really really sweet. You just can't have very much of it at once!

I also got a snowball candle for my friend, the kids made Christmas cards in the craft room, and Miss Mouse and I made made 'mulled wine teabags' at one of the museum's craft-demonstration-type stalls. I don't really like mulled wine (or actually wine at all), but having chosen the proprtions of the spices myself and limited the cinnamon, I'll have to give it another go.

Tired now - hot water bottle, book (currently The Graveyard Book) and bed beckon.

No comments: